Evansville Parks Foundation
The Evansville Parks Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization committed to improving, protecting, and revitalizing Evansville’s treasured parks, open spaces and recreational facilities for the citizens of Evansville, as well as visitors to our beautiful city. In accomplishing its mission, the Evansville Parks Foundation works in coordination with the municipal Department of Parks and Recreation to identify selected projects for improvement. Recognizing that a municipal budget can only provide for a basic level of maintenance and services, the Evansville Parks Foundation is able to generate funds for park improvements through its own fundraisers, grants, and charitable donations from families, neighborhood groups, and local business partners.
We ask that you consider adding the Evansville Parks Foundation to your list of charitable contributions. We know there are many worthy causes, but the need has never been greater. With budgets being cut every year and studies telling us that parks and green space are at the top of how a community judges its quality of life, we need your help more than ever.
Mission: The Evansville Parks Foundation, Inc is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to improving, protecting, and revitalizing Evansville’s parks, open spaces, and recreational facilities for everyone.
Over the past years the Evansville Parks Foundation has completed the following projects:
- New swings, plastic landscaping border and engineered wood fiber at Anthony Oates, CK Newsome Center, Vann Park, Homestead Park and Howell Park
- Landscaping border and engineered wood fiber at Stevenson Park
- Playground at Bellemeade Park
- Financial support for the new local pools
- Playground and Park at Fulton Terrace Gardens
- Improvements to the Greenway Passage
- Financial support for Master Gardener’s State Hospital Garden Project
- $25,000 Donation to Mesker Park Zoo Amazonia Exhibit
- Kenny Kent Toyota Disc Golf Course at Mesker Park
- Otter Park Playground at Garvin Park
- Recreational Trail at Garvin Park
- North Woods Handicapped Accessible Playground
- Rotary Nature Trail and Toyota Butterfly Garden at North Woods
- Improvements to City golf courses
- Equipment for Lloyd Pool
- Skates for Swonder Ice Arena
- Swim lessons at Rochelle-Landers Pool
- Improvements to Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve
- Benches for the Pigeon Creek Greenway Passage
We are only able to accomplish these projects with your financial support and through fundraising events such as Evening on the River scheduled for Friday, June 8, 2018 or the Phyllis Schreiber Golf Invitational, scheduled for Thursday, May 10, 2018. Also, please join us for the all new Music In The Park Family-Friendly Concert Series in the summer and fall. Dates, times and venue are to be announced.
Evansville Parks Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. All donations are tax deductible.